When looking for residences with generous layouts, there are several things to watch out for.
- It has a walk-in closet (that you can actually walk into). One of the best ways to know that they are actually being generous on space is if you have storage space, and plenty of it.
- Open floor plans will always seem more spacious and generous than closed ones. They may actually be smaller, but if they are open, with nice, big windows… it will seem bigger.
- When going to see an apartment, see how you feel when you walk in. Feel trapped? Not enough space for you. If more than just yourself is going to be living there, it may be a good idea to take a couple of people with you to get a feel of what the apartment would be like with more than person in it. And, if you have a hunch it might be too small, look for a bigger one.
- Check out the bathroom. If your apartment truly has a generous layout, you shouldn’t have to have a tiny shower. Both elbows shouldn’t touch the shower walls. There should be plenty of space to get undressed or to move between the door and the other elements of the bathroom.
- Though many apartments offer spacious layouts, some have smaller kitchens. This is typical, but considering the amount of time that you are in the kitchen, you may want to consider another one.
Some complexes, like the ones you can see at house39.com, offer tons of amenities with indoor and outdoor spaces. You could count these as part of a generous layout, considering that they are a sort of extension of your apartment. It really depends on how often you’ll be using them.